... Packing Tips For An Easier Move To Your New HomeMoving is already chaos... Now imagine that you and your crew are unloading the moving truck when nature calls. If you are anything like me,
Save Energy Winterizing Your Home Interior
Insulation Is Key
· Attic’s can prove to be heat suckers in the winter time. Make sure the attic door is insulated and fully sealed when shut.
· Those chilly windows can be guarded against with thermal curtains or you can purchase Window Insulator kits that you apply over the window that help you keep the heat inside.
· Door seams can get drafty and leak heat out. Replacing the weatherstrip on the sides and bottom of the door will help you keep the heat in, where it belongs.
Heat Source Filtration
· Make sure your filter is clean on your heating system. Regular maintenance could save you from costly repairs in the future.
Old Fashioned Heat
· Use blankets, sweaters, and socks to insulate your body and keep warm
Programmable Thermometers Are Your Friend
· This handy tool can help you regulate your heat use so it kicks off while you’re not home and kicks back on when you need it.
Chris Swanberg was born and raised in the Alameda area of Portland and now lives in Happy Valley. He spent eight years in the home improvement industry, working in sales and project management. Chris....
Latest Blog Posts
3 Reasons To Ask Your Realtor For A Lender ReferralYou are one in a million if you have enough cash to buy a home! For most people getting pre-approved for a home loan is one of the first steps in