When you’re starting the process of selling your home, be prepared to see your home in a whole new light.A really, really bright light. That’s because buyers will notice all the great things
Gorilla Spotted in NW Vancouver, WA
Dated: February 24 2013
Alternatives to Home Alarm Systems
Many homeowners consider installing an alarm system to increase the safety of their homes. Unfortunately the monitoring service that comes along with the alarm can be quite pricey and may have a contract that can be tricky to negotiate.
Here are some alternatives to alarm systems that will help to deter unwanted intruders:
- 1. Get in the habit of locking your doors and make sure your windows are shut when you leave your house.
- 2. Get a dog or put up a “Beware of Dog” sign.
- 3. Leave a light, television, or radio on in the background when you’re not home, so that it appears you are there.
- 4. Leave your porch light on at night or install motion lights on the exterior of your home.
- 5. Put your lights on timers when you’re away for an extended period of time.
- 6. Have one of your neighbors gather up your newspapers and bring in your mail if you’re on a trip.
- 7. Start a neighborhood watch program and make sure you have a phone number to at least one of your neighbors in case of emergency.
- 8. If you suspect crime activity in your neighborhood, call the local non-emergency number for your police department and ask the police to do regular drive by’s on your street.
If all else fails, you can put a giant gorilla on your porch. This guy was spotted in a NW Vancouver, WA neighborhood. I’d say that would pretty much do the trick. I was intimidated to walk up to the porch even in the daylight.
Latest Blog Posts
Selling Your Home During COVID? You Might Have an Edge... Less is more when it comes to successfully selling your home during the COVID pandemic. That’s because if you’re still going ahead
Millennials are facing major stress trying to come up with ways to balance a down payment,student loans, and impending mortgages, but they are finding solutions: (Image provided by