3 Reasons To Ask Your Realtor For A Lender ReferralYou are one in a million if you have enough cash to buy a home! For most people getting pre-approved for a home loan is one of the first steps in
Tricks Of The Trade For A Successful Home Sale AND Kid Combo
A few tried-and-true tactics make the process easier:
- If you’re blessed with grandparents who live close to Vancouver, this is the time to enlist their help. Showings are simply well disguised opportunities for extra quality time with Gram and Gramps.
- No family in the area? See which play date parents will step up and volunteer for an occasional last minute get-together.
- Avalanches of toys — especially when they stray far from the kids’ room —don’t do much to advance the home sale you’re trying to accomplish. Make a game out of organizing toys into attractive storage boxes, complete with a ceremony for the moment when yesterday’s are put away and today’s opened up.
- If your kids are old enough to roll their eyes at this idea, I bet they’re old enough to help you with emergency cleanups. That will be easy (and maybe even fun) when you sit down together to create a written Emergency Home Sale Drill, complete with who’s responsible for doing what, and in what order. And don’t forget: successful drills merit special rewards!
- If some very young ones are in the mix, sleep-deprived adult noses can sometimes become desensitized to the simple truth that dirty diapers put off even the keenest of prospects. In addition to your regular diaper disposal regimen, don’t spare good quality air fresheners. The ones that emit seasonal scents periodically are best.
I’ll help by giving at least 30 minutes’ warning for any showing (24 hours whenever possible) Our teamwork will result in a serene setting for all our Vancouver, WA home sale showings.
Julie Baldino is a seasoned veteran of the Pacific Northwest real estate industry, and has consistently been in the top 10% in sales for over a decade in 2 states. In order to accommodate a rapidly ex....